The impact of COVID-19 in Australia has changed the way we live and work, and the way companies operate. We have all been Impacted in some capacity and look forward to a return to normal activities when we can do so.
The ACA and the Applicators Technical Group, aligned with many other associations and technical groups, has been severely impacted by the restrictions imposed on our members with the cancellation of conferences, seminars and training courses. While we have improvised there is no compromise for face to face discussions and events. The group has conceded that our 2020 plans and events will need to be revised and planning for 2021 is now being discussed to ensure we represent the industry with best practises and mentoring across diverse requirements in the construction and asset maintenance industries.
The ACA Applicators Technical Group was formed to represent the needs of specialist contractors in industries that serve the protection or restoration of corrosion affected structures throughout Australasia including New Zealand. These include companies and individuals in; concrete remediation and protection, applied concrete floor finishes, surface preparation and protective coating of steel and hazardous coating removal.
The Applicators Technical Group proposed outcomes for 2020 and 2021 are as follows:
- 2020 – Release of our new logo which has been created as our visual brand to represent not only our organisation but our commitment to the industry.
- 2020 – Industry Awards to proceed with nominations for the Rust Award, Golden Trowel Award, and the Victor Nightingall Award open for nominations and will proceed with recognition and the formal presentation carried over and presented at C7P 2021 in Perth. Nomination forms are available from the ACA website or contact an Applicators Technical Group member to request.
2021 – Queensland – Focus on Infrastructure
• The Applicators Technical Group and ACA Coatings Technical Group will facilitate day seminars in Gladstone and Mackay and will focus on aging infrastructure, methods of surface preparation and coatings, fire-proofing within industrial and commercial buildings and structures, concrete reinforcement corrosion, corrosion under insulation and new and proposed infrastructure projects and development. The day seminars will include specialist presenters, demonstration of equipment and exhibitors showcasing product ranges and new technology. Seminars will include catering with refreshments and networking opportunities to finish the events.
2021 – New Zealand – Focus on Oil & Gas
• The Applicators Technical Group and Coatings Technical Group will provide a one day seminars in Auckland and New Plymouth and will have similar focus as the Queensland seminar streams and will include specialist presenters, demonstration of industry equipment with exhibitors showcasing products and new technology. The seminar would not be complete without sufficient refreshments and networking opportunities to finish the events.
C&P 2021 Conference – Perth.
- The Applicators Technical Group will be well represented with an ATG Forum covering surface preparation and protective coating, concrete remediation and protection and long-term protection technical issues.
- Presentation of the 2020 & 2021 Rust Award, Golden trowel Award and a Victor Nightingale Award.
- Applicators Technical Group Field Day demonstrating new technology blast and paint procedures and new technology. This event will have supplier exhibits and demonstrations and industry experts to discuss options for your future protective coating and corrosion prevention considerations.
- The Applicators Technical Group Wrap Party will be held in conjunction with the C7P 2021 Conference Farewell Function. This networking opportunity is the perfect occasion to meet with like-minded industry professionals in a social environment to discuss the past, present and future.
- Sponsorship provides a great means of broadening your competitive edge by improving your company’s image, prestige, and credibility within the industry by supporting events. Sponsors play a critical role and their support and financial contribution and commitment is invaluable for our events and future involvement.
- The Applicators Technical Group highlights the importance of sponsorship and growth of our association and our core vison which is to represent the needs of specialist contractors throughout Australasia and New Zealand.
The Applicator Technical Group and Coating Technical Group will keep you updated with our proposed events, dates, speakers, and potential sponsors will be notified well in advance to assist with the planning to ensure the event is a success.
About the Applicator section
You may have noticed a new section on the front page of the website. All your posts and information will also be published to Facebook and Twitter as well as the website.
Direct link to the Applicator section
RSS feed link for those old/young enough to use it