UPDATE: The below information is no longer up to date. For the newest information please click here – 17/03/20
COVID-19 is an ongoing issue and the situation is rapidly evolving in Australia. The ACA Board and management is following the situation closely and responding quickly to government and health department guidelines.
At this point, we are operating our courses and our events as normal.
We are updating registered attendees if any change is made to a scheduled event or course.
If you have recently visited the following countries please refrain from attending the events and follow the appropriate instructions as per health.gov.au
The Australian Government considers the following countries to be at higher risk for COVID-19:
Republic of Korea
If you are returning from mainland China or Iran you should isolate yourself for 14 days after leaving mainland China or Iran.
If you are travelling from the Republic of Korea, on or after 5 March, you must isolate yourself for 14 days from the time you left the Republic of Korea.
If you have left or transited through Italy on or after 11 March you must isolate yourself for 14 days from the time you left Italy.
The Australian Government considers the following countries to be at moderate risk for COVID-19:
If you are planning on attending an event please make sure to follow the appropriate hygiene guidelines and heed the following advice.
Ten ways to reduce your risk of coronavirus
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with a paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick. If you take medication, ensure you have adequate supplies.
- Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep, and now is the time to quit smoking.
- Don’t wear a face mask if you are well.
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
- Get the flu shot (available April).
- Avoid shaking hands
We will be following recommendations from State and Federal Governments and provide updates regarding AVA Events and Courses as necessary.