- Wednesday, November 11, 2020
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Come see the latest exciting corrosion research from Australasia’s best and brightest young corrosion researchers in the first round of the Brian Cherry Awards Forum. For the past 11 years, the Brian Cherry Awards Forum has been an ACA Victorian Branch event, but we are now expanding this opportunity Australasia wide. The award honours the late Professor Brian Cherry of Monash University for his significant contribution to corrosion education, consulting and the Australasian Corrosion Association Inc.
The award will be judged over two events (both conducted via Zoom in 2020 given COVID-19 restrictions): This event, an initial 3 min thesis event and a subsequent final longer style presentation forum consisting of up to 4 winners selected from the 3 min thesis event.
The Brian Cherry Award Forum is open to postgraduate and final year undergraduate research students studying at an Australasian University. Applicants could be studying any aspect of corrosion, including but not limited to metallic and non-metallic corrosion, corrosion management, corrosion mitigation, and corrosion protection. Taking part in the Forum provides students with the opportunity to present their corrosion related research work as well as showcase their talent to their peers and the Australasian Corrosion Industry – including potential employers.
Students who qualify for the Presentation Forum will also have the chance to win a cash prize.
This year’s prizes are:
1st place – $1,000
2nd place – $500
3rd place – $250
4th place – $100
We invite all ACA Members and interested parties to join us online for the first phase of this competition.
After the initial review of the submitted applications, the following students have been selected to represent their universities at the 3 Minute Thesis Event:
- Hoda Adelkhah (University of South Australia)
- Xingrui Chen (The University of Queensland)
- Sanjay Choudhary (Monash University)
- Joseph Davies (Queensland University of Technology)
- Mohsen Feyzi (Flinders University)
- Mohd Rafiuddin Jakeria (RMIT University)
- Esmaeil Pournamazian Najafabadi (Monash University)
- Barbara Jardim do Nascimento (University of Newcastle)
- Jhonatan Soto Puelles (Deakin University)
- Benjamin Tuck (Curtin University)
Venue: Online Webinar
Please check your ticket for the event details.