SSPC Concrete Coating Inspection Program
The objective of this course is to thoroughly train individuals in the proper methods of inspecting surface preparation and installation of protective coatings on concrete structures and facilities.
Who Should Attend?
- contractor managers
- specifying engineers
- technical representatives
- material and equipment suppliers involved in the concrete coating industry.
There are NEW Coating Inspection Requirements for the Water Industry.
The Water Services Association of Australia WSA 201 Guidelines for
Selection and Application of Protective Coatings, states that, inspection
of all coatings applied to concrete require Coating Inspectors to hold
SSPC CCI Level 1 or 2.
- Inspection & Treating Substrate Problems Which Affect Coating Quality
- Inspection of Ambient and Substrate Conditions
- Inspecting Surface Preparation Equipment
- Inspecting and Testing Abrasive Blast Media
- Safety Hazard Inspection
- Inspecting Surface Preparation
- Inspecting Coating Application on Concrete
- Coating Specifications
- Simulated Pre-Job Conference
- Inspection Procedure Development
- Simulated Project Inspection
Each participant will receive a comprehensive manual with copies of relevant SSPC standards. The course includes:
- Hands-on workshops
- Written homework
- Assigned readings from the manual.
The first two days of the program are designed to provide an overview of concrete components, coating and surfacing types and surface preparation and substrate repair techniques. At the end of Day 2, the training exam is given. Student must pass the training exam with a 70% or better to move on to Day 3-5.
Days 3-5 of the program are devoted to classroom lecture about planning and providing third party quality assurance through inspection from pre-surface preparation through post coating application. Lectures are supplemented by quizzes and group exercises. At the end of Day 5, the technician exam is given. The technician written exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions and a hands-on test in the practical use of instruments. A passing grade of 70% or higher on the written and hands-on technician exam is required to move on to certification exam given on Day 6.
On Day 6 the concrete coating inspector certification exam is given. The certification examination includes a 100 multiple choice question written exam, an inspection plan development exam and a hands-on test on the practical use of instruments. A passing grade of 80% or higher on the written, inspection plan and hands-on certification exam is required to become an SSPC Concrete Coating Inspector.
Pricing and Prerequisites
Level 1 (5 days) – no prerequisites AUD$3,150
Level 1 & 2 (5 days of Level 1 + 1 day extra)prerequisites – either: 2 years full time concrete coatings inspection (3,000 hours) plus a NACE CIP CertificationOR 5 years work experience (7,500 hours) AUD$3,675
* SSPC CCI courses could be eligible for CPD points upon assessment by the relevant industry accreditation body.
Melbourne | April 9-14