SA Water Corporation is wholly owned by the Government of South Australia. Established by the South Australian Water Corporation Act 1994, SA Water came into being on 1 July 1995. However, a long history of service and commitment to the State can be traced back to 1856. Just 20 years after the European settlement of South Australia, a Waterworks and Drainage Commission was established and this later became the Engineering and Water Supply Department (E&WS), then SA Water.
Protecting South Australia’s Water
Spread the love