The AC Kennett Award is awarded each year to the best paper presented under the auspices of the ACA that deals with corrosion or degradation of non-metals such as polymers, polymeric coatings, composites and concrete.
The following is a list of some of the points which may be taken into account when selecting the paper to receive this Award. The selection committee will rank each paper on a short list against these points:
- The paper could be a review of published material, or describe the results of original and novel research work, or detail a relevant case study.
- The paper must deal with an area of interest to ACA Members, be clearly written and easy to read.
- The paper should provide an understanding of how the non-metallic materials discussed in the paper degrade or corrode.
- Any experiments outlined must be explained with full details.
- Any results should be clearly presented and adequately discussed.
- The paper must provide clear concise conclusions based on the information, data or evidence included.
- Referencing should be in accordance with formatting requirements listed in the Author Guidelines’
|1984||A Eaton||New Zealand|
|1985||S Witorek & F Kolodzie||Newcastle|
|1986||D Postins||New Zealand|
|1987||R J Good, G C Moore & W J Wojciak|
|1988||D A Hills||New Zealand|
|1990||No Award Given|
|1991||P Lepoutre, C Stirlink & V Van Tilburg|
|1992||L Marahusen, P Schweinberg & S Kokot||Queensland|
|1993||Fred Salome||New South Wales|
|1995||W Green & M Nahas||Western Australia|
|1996||Willie Mandeno||New Zealand|
|1997||No Award Given|
|1998||F Andrews-Phaedonos, F G Collins, W K Green & A M Peek|
|1999||No Award Given|
|2001||Dennis Hills||New Zealand|
|2002||No Award Given|
|2003||No Award Given|
|2004||Zhao, Liu & Northwood|
|2005||Julian Bleddyn||Western Australia|
|2006||Sue Freitag & Sheldon Bruce||New Zealand|
|2008||Andrew Peek||Western Australia|
|2009||Brent Martin||New Zealand|
|2011||Frederic Blin & Sarah Furman||Victoria|
|2012||Greg Moore, John Scheirs & Paul Vince||South Australia|
|2015||Tony Wells & Robert Melchers||Newcastle|
|2016||Patricia Shaw & Nick Marston||New Zealand|