The Marshall Fordham Research Paper Award is awarded annually to the best research paper either published in Corrosion & Materials or in the Annual ACA Conference Proceedings.
The following is a list of some of the points which may be taken into account when selecting the paper to receive this Award.
The selection committee will rank each paper on a short list against these points:
- The paper must deal with an area of interest to ACA Members, be clearly written and easy to read.
- It should represent an original and novel work, and demonstrate an advance on work already published.
- An Introduction should clearly indicate why as a result of a literature study, the work was necessary.
- All experiments must be clearly explained with enough detail (either stated or referenced) to allow others to reproduce any data.
- The results should be in replicate, with data clearly presented, correctly analysed and adequately discussed.
- The conclusions must be concise and follow from the results.
- Referencing should be in accordance with formatting requirements listed in the Author Guidelines
Previous winners of the Marshall Fordham Research Paper Award are listed below.
1967 – Prof R J Meakins | New South Wales
1969 – A C Kennett | New Zealand
1970 – Dr Miller | New Zealand
1971 – Dr G A Wright & P C Bailey | New Zealand
1972 – Miller & Prof B Cherry | Victoria
1973 – P D Mercer & G T Harvey | Newcastle
1974 – R R M Johnston, C P Lloyd & N White | Victoria
1975 – G G Page, P C Pailey & Dr G A Wright | New Zealand
1977 – Dr Keith Thompson | New South Wales
1978 – S Wiktorek | New South Wales
1979 – Prof G W Wallwork | New South Wales
1980 – Dr I Mcleod & Dr N North | Western Australia
1981 – S Wiktorel & R Ashbolt | New South Wales
1982 – B Ackland | Victoria
1983 – B Hinton, P Trathen & H Chin Quan | Victoria/New South Wales
1984 – P Tomas, Dr D Young, P Jackson & D Trimm
1985 – B R W Hinton, N E Ryan, D P Arnott, P N Trathen, L Wilson & B E Williams | Victoria
1986 – L H Boulton | New Zealand
1987 – A Atrens | Queensland
1988 – Dr R Coldharm | Victoria
1989 – N E Ryan, B R W Hinton, P N Trathen, L Wilson | Victoria
1990 – S Ramamurthy, A Atrens, R Rieck, J Gates & I Smith | Queensland
1991 – S M Price, J H Mahoney, N V Y Scarlett, T S Chia & P G Warden
1992 – M Marosszeky & N Gowriplan | New South Wales
1993 – David Young | New South Wales
1994 – P Trathen, B Hinton, R Taylor, A Hughes, K Hammon
1995 – K Krithivasan & J Tippett | New South Wales
1996 – A Garrett & N Ahmed | Newcastle
1997 – Janet Hughes, George King & D O’Brien | Victoria
1998 – A Phanasgaonkor, B Cherry & M Forsyth
1999 – V T Truong, P K Lai, B T Moore, R F Muscat & M S Russo
2000 – Robert Jeffrey | Newcaslte
2001 – Peter Mart | Victoria
2002 – Robert Jeffrey | Newcastle
2003 – Brad Dockerill | Newcastle
2004 – Wayne Ganther | Victoria
2006 – Tim Muster | Victoria
2007 – Robert Melchers | Newcastle
2008 – Brian Kinsella & Thomas Becker
2009 – Mehdi Behrouzvaziri | Victoria
2010 – Thomas Gheno, Jianquiang Zhang & David Young | New South Wales
2011 – Xian Zhou | Victoria
2012 – Igor Chaves & Robert Melchers | Newcastle
2013 – Xian Zhou | Victoria
2014 – Amy Spark | Victoria
2015 – Thunyaluk Pojtanabuntoeng | Western Australia
2016 – Jianquiang Zhang | New South Wales