Duration: 6 Days
The CP 4—Cathodic Protection Specialist Course focuses on the principles and procedures for CP design on a variety of structures for both galvanic and impressed current systems.
Who Should Attend: Students involved in the design, installation, and maintenance of CP systems.
NOTE: The CP Specialist Examination is challenging, and the CP 4–Cathodic Protection Specialist Course is designed as a refresher course for persons already meeting the experience and education prerequisites for the exam. There is not a direct progression from CP 3–Cathodic Protection Technologist to Cathodic Protection Specialist. Participating only in the CP 4–Cathodic Protection Specialist Course does not ensure success on the Cathodic Protection Specialist Examination. Substantial experience involving all aspects of cathodic protection, including design and formal education in math/science/engineering is critical to students’ success in the course and examination. Attendance at the CP 3–Cathodic Protection Technologist Course is strongly recommended before sitting for the CP 4–Cathodic Protection Specialist Course or Examination Only Option. The examination is open book and students are welcome to bring any reference material they would like to the examination.
- Design complete CP systems in a variety of industry applications including water tanks, aboveground and underground storage tanks, and pipelines
- Demonstrate knowledge of rectifier and ground bed installation, along with source code calculations and protective coatings Perform corrosion analysis on the job site
- Manage and direct field tests
- Apply new technologies to existing CP programs
- Provide formal training to understudies on basic and advanced CP concepts
- Understand and comply with codes, regulations, reporting procedures, and standard practices
Course Format: 6 Day Classroom Course
- Theoretical concepts behind the design and considerations that influence the design
- Design factors, and calculations (including attenuation).
Prerequisites: Students must have completed college or university-level courses in algebra, geometry, and trigonometry, and must have significant amounts of practical experience in CP Design
Prerequisites for Certification:
To achieve certification for NACE Cathodic Protection CP4 Specialist there are prerequisites, for more information please click HERE