Duration: Level 1 (5 days) Level 1 & 2 (5 days of level 1 + 1 day extra)
The objective of this course is to thoroughly train individuals in the proper methods of inspecting surface preparation and installation of protective coatings on concrete structures and facilities.
Who Should Attend: Inspectors, contract managers, specifying engineers, technical representatives and material and equipment suppliers involved in the concrete coating industry.
- Inspection and treating substrate problems which affect coating quality.
- Inspection of ambient and substrate conditions
- Inspecting surface preparation equipment
- Inspecting and testing abrasive blast media
- Safety hazard inspection
- Inspecting surface preparation
- Inspecting coating application on concrete
- Coating specifications
- Simulated pre-job conference
- Inspection procedure development
- Simulated project inspection
Level 1 – No prerequisites
Level 2 – Either 2 years full time concrete coatings inspection (3,000 hours) plus a NACE CIP Certification OR 5 years work experience (7,500)