This course provides theoretical and practical information on coatings selection for corrosion control.
Duration: 3 days
Method: Lecture format
All course materials
- Determine the corrosivity of an atmospheric environment.
- Identify the design and fabrication features of steel structures which influence coating durability.
- Recognise the different types of paint coatings, their properties and where they are used.
- Choose the optimum paint coating system for structural steel from those described in AS/NZS 2312 Part 1 Table 6.3.
- Calculate the most economic coating protection system.
- Distinguish between the key features of coating systems for non-atmospheric environments covered in AS/NZS 2312 Part 1 Appendix C.
- Explain the methods and means for ensuring that materials and contractors will provide a quality coating job.
- Plan and prepare a paint coating specification.
Expressions Of Interest
If you can’t find the course dates you are after, please fill in the expressions of interest below and we will contact you when we schedule one.