- September 8, 2017 - September 9, 2017
8:30 am - 5:30 pm
The Australasian Corrosion Association (ACA) with support from the European Federation of
Corrosion (EFC) are offering this course in Europe for the first time. The course provides an
understanding of the mechanisms of the corrosion, protection and repair of reinforced concrete
structures and buildings. It has been particularly designed for those who have the task of resolving
the problems of corrosion of steel reinforced, prestressed and post tensioned concrete elements.
Who Should Attend:
This course will provide essential training for Asset Managers, Port Engineers, Bridge Maintenance Managers, Building Managers, Heritage Structure Engineers, Plant Engineers, Consulting Engineers, Architects, Specialist Contractors, Construction Material Suppliers, Asset Condition Inspectors and Overseers.
The course is delivered as a series of 11 lectures as follows:
- The Characteristics of Cement and Concrete
- Concrete Deterioration Mechanisms (A)
- Concrete Deterioration Mechanisms (B)
- Corrosion of Reinforcement in Concrete (A)
- Corrosion of Reinforcement in Concrete (B)
- Survey and Diagnosis of Concrete (A) – On-site Measurements
- Survey and Diagnosis of Concrete (B) – Laboratory Measurements
- Repair and Protection of Reinforced Concrete (A) – Mechanical Methods
- Repair and Protection of Reinforced Concrete (B) – Cathodic Protection
- Repair and Protection of Reinforced Concrete (C) – Further Electrochemical Methods and Permanent Corrosion Monitoring
- Preventative Measures for New Concrete
Prerequisites: Some industry experience is an advantage.
Please Note: To obtain an (optional) ACA certificate in this course, the candidate must pass an exam, based on provided case studies
A Certificate for the course will be forwarded to those students who have passed the exam, and a certificate of attendance issued otherwise.
Please register by 7th August 2017 – minimum numbers need to be reached by this date in order for the course to run as scheduled.
Venue: Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre, Na Pankráci 1684/15, 140 00 Praha 4, Czechia
Seeking Lecturers: The ACA and EFC are seeking expressions of interest to become qualified to lecture this course in the future in Europe. Please email the ACA as firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.