- August 5, 2019 - August 9, 2019
8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Duration: 5 days
The Corrosion Technology Certificate is designed to train people working in a corrosion related field in the basics of corrosion and its control. The course covers the basic principles of corrosion, the forms it takes and the methods of control.
Who Should Attend:
Those wanting a greater understanding of the principles of corrosion, its various forms and the means to control it.
- Corrosion & Its Importance
- The Corrosion Process
- Predicting Corrosion Reactions
- Types of Corrosion
- Corrosion in Natural Environments
- Design Improvement
- Corrosion Properties of Metals
- Inhibitors & Water Treatment
- Protective Coatings
- Cathodic & Anodic Protection
An understanding of Year 10 chemistry and maths.
Experience in the corrosion industry is an advantage.
The Corrosion Technology Certificate is required to apply for the ACA’s Certification Scheme.