October 28, 2019 - October 29, 2019
9:00 pm - 5:30 am
October 29, 2019 - November 2, 2019
7:00 pm - 5:30 am
Duration: 5 Days
The CP 3—Cathodic Protection Technologist Course builds on the technology presented in the CP2 course with a strong focus on interpretation of CP Data, trouble shooting and migration of problems that arise in both galvanic and impressed current systems, including design calculations for these systems.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals with extensive CP field experience and a strong technical background in cathodic protection.
CP 2 Certification is highly recommended
A strong algebra background, with thorough understanding of unit conversions and scientific notation, is required as a minimum mathematics prerequisite. A basic understanding of trigonometry and geometry is also recommended.
- Define activation, concentration, and resistance polarization, and the mathematical expressions of these concepts
- Recall the factors that affect polarization (area, temperature, relative movement, ion concentration, oxygen concentration)
- Apply the NACE criteria for CP and make necessary adjustments
- Identify errors in data collection/CP measurements including contact resistance errors, voltage drop errors, and reference electrode errors where the technologist is employed
- Determine ideal current distribution for a CP system taking into account the factors affecting current distribution
- Perform advanced cathodic protection testing using correct measurement techniques to monitor CP system performance, accurately interpret the data collected to ensure optimum CP system performance and determine the correction action to the system if necessary
- Conduct and document interference tests to determine if interference exists, and identify the source of the interference and implement a method of control to mitigate the effects of stray current
- Design and install simplistic forms of galvanic and impressed current cathodic protection facilities and preform the necessary mathematical calculations
5 Day Classroom Course
Prerequisites: (not required but recommended):
- Algebra and Logarithm training
- Successful completion of all CP Technician requirements or equivalent training
Prerequisites for Certification:
To achieve certification for NACE Cathodic Protection CP3 Technologist there are prerequisites, for more information please click HERE