- November 4, 2019
1:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- November 5, 2019 - November 8, 2019
8:00 am - 7:30 pm
Venue: George Williams Hotel (QLD)
Duration: 5 Days
The CP 4—Cathodic Protection Specialist Course focuses on the principles and procedures for CP design on a variety of structures for both galvanic and impressed current systems. The course discusses theoretical design concepts, considerations that influence the design (environment, structure type/materials of construction, coatings), design factors, and calculations (including attenuation).
Classroom instruction is comprised of lecture, in-class discussion, and practice with design calculations on various structures (i.e., pipelines, tanks and well casings, offshore applications, and steel reinforcing in concrete structures).
Who Should Attend:
Individuals with experience in CP systems including:
CP 3 Certification is highly recommended.
To be successful in this course, it is strongly recommended that students have completed college or university-level courses in algebra, geometry, and trigonometry, and have significant practical experience in CP Design.
- Design complete CP systems in a variety of industry applications including water tanks, aboveground and underground storage tanks, and pipelines
- Demonstrate knowledge of rectifier and ground bed installation, along with source code calculations and protective coatings Perform corrosion analysis on the job site
- Manage and direct field tests
- Apply new technologies to existing CP programs
- Provide formal training to understudies on basic and advanced CP concepts
- Recall and comply with codes, regulations, reporting procedures, and standard practices
6 Day Classroom Course
Prerequisites: (not required but recommended):
- Algebra and Logarithm training
- Successful completion of all CP Technologist requirements or equivalent training
Prerequisites for Certification:
To achieve certification for NACE Cathodic Protection CP4 Specialist there are prerequisites, for more information please click HERE