- November 4, 2019 - November 9, 2019
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Duration: 6 Days
The CP 4—Cathodic Protection Specialist Course focuses on the principles and procedures for CP design on a variety of structures for both galvanic and impressed current systems. The course discusses theoretical design concepts, considerations that influence the design (environment, structure type/materials of construction, coatings), design factors, and calculations (including attenuation).
Classroom instruction is comprised of lecture, in-class discussion, and practice with design calculations on various structures (i.e., pipelines, tanks and well casings, offshore applications, and steel reinforcing in concrete structures).
Who Should Attend:
Individuals with experience in CP systems including:
CP 3 Certification is highly recommended.
To be successful in this course, it is strongly recommended that students have completed college or university-level courses in algebra, geometry, and trigonometry, and have significant practical experience in CP Design.
- Design complete CP systems in a variety of industry applications including water tanks, aboveground and underground storage tanks, and pipelines
- Demonstrate knowledge of rectifier and ground bed installation, along with source code calculations and protective coatings Perform corrosion analysis on the job site
- Manage and direct field tests
- Apply new technologies to existing CP programs
- Provide formal training to understudies on basic and advanced CP concepts
- Recall and comply with codes, regulations, reporting procedures, and standard practices
6 Day Classroom Course
Prerequisites: (not required but recommended):
- Algebra and Logarithm training
- Successful completion of all CP Technologist requirements or equivalent training
Prerequisites for Certification:
To achieve certification for NACE Cathodic Protection CP4 Specialist there are prerequisites, for more information please click HERE
Venues are confirmed one month prior to course commencement. All confirmed registrations will receive an email with the address details at that time.