- August 27, 2018 - September 1, 2018
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Duration: 6 days
The CIP Level 2 Course focuses on advanced inspection techniques and specialised application for both steel and non-steel substrates.The course includes in-depth coverage of surface preparation, coating types, inspection criteria, and failure modes for various coatings including specialized coatings and linings.The course concludes with a with practical (hands-on) examination. Students are also required to sit a theory examination after the course concludes at a Pearson VUE testing centre.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who is interested in increasing his or her coating inspection knowledge, or wants to become a Certified NACE Coating Inspector, should attend this course.
Materials and Assessment:
Students will receive the CIP Level 2 Course Manual on CD-ROM prior to the start of course. A course manual and TPC-9 Users Guide to Hot Dip Galvanizing for Corrosion Protection in Atmospheric Service will be provided to students on-site.
- Centrifugal Blast Cleaning
- Coating Types and Inspection Criteria
- Water Jetting
- Hot Dip Galvanizing
- Spray Metalizing
- Concrete and Cementitious Surfaces
- Pipeline Coatings
- Specialised Application Equipment
- Inspection Instruments Lab
- Laboratory Instruments and Test Methods Coating
- Survey Techniques
- Cathodic Protection
- Team Exercises/Case Studies
- Use of Inspection Procedures for both Destructive and Non-destructive Test Instrument
Successfully completed CIP Level 1 and have TWO years of verifiable coatings-related work experience Detailed work experience information and can be found here
Please note the Theory examination for this course is taken separately after the completion of the course through a Pearson VUE Testing Centre, waiting times for an appointment may apply.