- July 30, 2018 - August 3, 2018
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Duration: 5 Days
This course serves as the key training track for the PCIM professional who is expected to focus on the implementation and management of an integrity program for a pipeline system. The course provides a comprehensive up-to-date coverage of the various aspects of time-dependent deterioration threats to liquid and gas pipeline systems and will focus on: interpreting integrity related data, performing an overall integrity assessment on a pipeline system, calculating and quantifying risk, and making recommendations to company management on risk management issues.
Who Should Attend:
Pipeline engineers or anyone responsible for implementing and managing an integrity program for a pipeline system.
Upon successful completion of the PCIM course, an individual should be able to:
- Interpret integrity related data
- Perform an overall integrity assessment on a pipeline system
- Calculate and quantify risk
- Make recommendations to company management on risk management issues
Course highlights: Including but not limited to:
- Components of Pipeline Integrity
- Overview of CFR 49 and Integrity Requirements
- Risk Assessment
- Technical Challenges to Pipeline Integrity
- Integrity Verification/Assessment
- Remediation Activities/Repair Methods
- Inspection and Assessment Intervals
- Post Integrity Assessment Risk Analysis
It is recommended that students who wish to register for this course have either 8 years pipeline work experience OR 4 years pipeline work experience AND a degree in physical science or engineering.