The course provides intermediate-level
training in theoretical knowledge and practical fundamentals for testing
on galvanic and impressed current CP systems
Personal instruction and
All course materials
*Additional Ethics eCourse provided by NACE may be required to complete certification*
A knowledge of the following is required for understanding the material in this course:
– Algebra and geometry
Electrochemistry: theory including electrochemical and galvanic series;
– Corrosion theory including polarization under different conditions;
– Electricity: basic electrical laws, series and parallel circuits;
– Cathodic protection: fundamentals, criteria, sacrificial and impressed current equipment including troubleshooting;
– Stray current interference, primarily related to underground pipelines.
– Testing: including voltmeters, ammeters, shunts (and calculations), ohmmeters, reference electrodes (and conversions), isolation and soil resistivity.
A comprehensive knowledge of electrochemistry, electricity, electrical laws, series and parallel circuits, meter operation, and CP fundamentals are necessary for understanding the material in this course.
- Perform advanced field tests (including current requirement test,
- shorted casing test, IR drop test, soil resistivity, and interference
- tests) and evaluate the results
- Perform tests to verify the presence of stray current interference and recommend method(s) to mitigate the interference
- Understand AC voltage and its mitigation
- Maintenance of documentation and records, including data plotting and analysis
- Conduct and understand the importance of periodic surveys, including
- IR- Free readings, polarization decay tests and current measurements
- Test and troubleshoot rectifier component parts
- Understanding corrosion coupon test stations
- Understanding code requirements related to CP
|AMPP Cathodic Protection Level 2 Technician | QLD | Dec 12-16 2022||George Williams Hotel (QLD)||
|AMPP Cathodic Protection Level 2 Technician | VIC | Jul 17-21 2023||Australasian Corrosion Association Inc (VIC)||
Expression Of Interest
If you can’t find the course you are after, please fill in the expression of interest below and we will contact you when we schedule one.